Hey party people!
Do you ever look in your closet or glance around your house & notice there is ALOT of one particular color?
Putting together this post made me realize…I’ve ended up doing a lot of parties with the color purple in them! Funny thing is I’m working on a baby shower right now & you will never guess which color is in it?? :p
Anways…all that to say…I vow to do less purple over the next year. Gotta switch things up.
Here’s the juicy part. I adore with a capital, “yum, delish, want some more,” backdrops (got that? ;p). They are a really inexpensive way to jazz up your party or photo booth. Not to mention they take your dessert/food table to a whole new level.
I compiled 12 party backdrop ideas that may help get the inspiration juice flowin for ya.
1. Stenciled Backdrop – This backdrop is simply a white folding foamboard, a stencil I had at the house, and some leftover acrylic paint. The “Q” hanging down was half off at the craft store so I snagged that to give it some extra oomph. You can see more of the Champagne-themed Bridal Shower here.
All you need for this backdrop is a piece of foamboard, three different shades of tissue paper, a circle cutter (or just scissors if you want to do it yourself), and spray adhesive.
* Cut out the circles, then lay them out on the foamboard to determine where you want them. Lay a couple rows of darker colored circles, then medium colored and finally the lighter colored circles. Lay them out in a polka-dotted pattern.
* Spray just a little spray adhesive on the back of the circles them adhere them to the foamboard. You could also use double-sided tape instead of the spray adhesive.
* Once you’ve attached all the circles, your backdrop is done!
3. Watercolored Paper Plate Flower Backdrop - Using watercolors on foamboard (make sure you get the kind made with absorbent paper) I just created my own water color art. Then I attached my Paper Plate Flowers to the foamboard.
4. Ribbon & Lace Photo Backdrop - This was the photobackdrop my sister created for her wedding. Simply use strips of fabric & lace and tie them to a shower curtain rod or photo backdrop frame (find out how to DIY one here).
5. Mad Men Wrapping Paper Backdrop - This backdrop was simply a roll of wrapping paper taped (with double-sided tape) to the wall.
6. Low Country Boil Backdrop - This was a party my friend Michawne did (and it was awesome). She simply painted a piece of plywood & staged additional accessories around it.
7. Light-Up Drive-In Backdrop - This may look more complicated but it’s really easy. I just free-handed the “Drive-In” sign (you could also get a large one printed off at a office supply store) then cut small openings equal distance apart from each other around the arrow. I used regular outdoor lights & secured them in the back with tape.
8. Herringbone Washi Tape Backdrop - If you want to stick with the easiest backdrop…go with this one! All you need is a large roll of white paper and washi tape (I used at least two rolls for this one but mine was huge – 7’x8′). With a pencil and yardstick, make a template for the tape. Stick on the tape & you’re done!
9. Splattered Blacklight 80s Backdrop - Just get a roll of plain black paper (you can find these at some craft stores, school supply stores & Amazon) and with blacklight paint, go to town splattering it!
10. Plastic Tablecloth + Electric Tape Backdrop - Take a plastic tablecloth, lay it out & make sure there’s something securing it flat. Measure equal spaces between stripes, then take the electric tape & adhere it to the tablecloth.
11. Tufted Backdrop - This is a beautiful backdrop that can be used for any glam party: spa party, breakfast at Tiffany’s, princess party, etc. It takes a little more explanation but I put together a little video tutorial that you can see here.
12. Paper Plate Backdrop - Just round up a foamboard, glue gun, paper plates & spray paint. Adhere the plates to the foamboard with the glue gun, then spray paint it any color you’d like.
Hope this has inspired you to create a unique backdrop for your next event. Have a great weekend! I’ve got a fun giveaway for you next week! Until then…party on!
Linking Up To: