19 Jul Dairy Free, Gluten Free Oreo Ice Cream Pie Recipe
Hey party people!
I already know what you are thinking, “A DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE OREO ICE CREAM PIE? That CANNOT taste good.” As an experienced sweets taster, I have to say…it tastes SOOO good AND it’s only 212 calories per serving! Seriously! I know and yes…we can be best friends and eat guilt-free oreo ice cream pie together…maybe even while watching the Bachelorette. 🙂
First…I’ve got even better news! This only uses 3 ingredients, it’s under $15, and takes less than 15 minutes. Crazy, huh?
This is an AWESOME dessert to serve over the summer – dinner party, pool party, cookout, etc. Make it up the night before in less than 15 minutes, stick in the freezer and it’s ready to go for your party or get together.
Now, here’s the step by step how-to and recipe card.
- 1 Pint Artic Zero Cookies n Cream (*This brand is lactose-free and low calorie. You can use a coconut or cashew milk cookies n cream ice cream, but the calorie count will be higher.)
- 1 Package Gluten Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (*This is the brand that I recommend and has a lower calorie count than other gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies, but any gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie will work.)
- Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
Alternate: I added a tablespoon of coconut oil to my chopped up cookies to make the crust stick better, but that’s optional. It works fine without it, too.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust (this has a yeast packet in it that you'll use)
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Gluten Free Flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature*
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Add 1 tbsp. of the sugar to the warm water. Add in the yeast packet and let stand for 5 min.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
- Add in the can of pumpkin.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice to the Bob's Red Mill Mix and mix with the wet ingredients.
- Heavily dust a 19 inch piece of wax/parchment paper with the gluten free flour.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter (from filling recipe).
- Pour the cinnamon roll batter on the floured surface.
- Use a small roller, dipped in the melted butter, to smooth out the dough.
- Make sure the dough is evenly rolled out across the wax/parchment paper.
- Sprinkle any remaining butter on the dough.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle across the buttered dough.
- Beginning at one of the long sides of the dough, roll up, using the wax/parchment paper.
- Roll it all the way to the other side in a spiral.
- Cut in 1 inch slices so that they look like pinwheels.
- Lay them in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 25 minutes (if you have a glass pan, you may need a few extra minutes).
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Ice warm rolls and serve!
- * At some stores, you can find dairy free cream cheese, if you want to make this a dairy free recipe.
1| Take 3/4 of the bag of chocolate sandwich cookies and crush them in a food processor. It’s optional but you can add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil while they’re in the processor to create more of a dough or sticky crust.
2| Place a sheet of plastic wrap in your pie pan. Let the sides spill over. This helps you to cut the pie easily once it’s done.
3| Spread the crushed chocolate sandwich cookies on the bottom of the pie pan, except for 1-2 teaspoons. You’ll use the crushed pieces to sprinkle on top once it’s finished.
4| Take out your ice cream, put it in a bowl, and let it melt a little.
5| Take 1/2 of your remaining cookies (or all if you don’t want to garnish each pie slice with half a cookie) and break them into pieces.
6| Once your ice cream has melted to where you can stir it and it’s creamy (think thick dough), add in the chocolate sandwich pieces and combine.
7| Pour this mixture into the pie pan with the crushed chocolate sandwich cookie crust. Smooth until covered.
8| Put it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes.
9| Once it’s slightly hard, spread out 3/4 of the container of Coconut Milk Whipped Cream on top of the pie. Sprinkle the crushed chocolate cookies you set aside earlier on top.
10| Place back in the freezer, covered, until ready to serve!
Optional: Top each pie slice with half of a chocolate sandwich cookie.
Isn’t that so easy? I promise you…you will love how it tastes too! And for only 212 calories, there’s no guilt!
Enjoy & Party on!