27 Sep Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls – Gluten Free
Hey party people!
Would you love an easy recipe that is so delectably delicious and perfect for fall? Then, try these mouth-watering Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls…that are gluten free too! Yep. Gluten free and still delicious.
I make these every Fall (they’re especially delicious around Thanksgiving) and they are huge hits. They’re so moist (I apologize for people who shutter at that word…they are though!) and fill the house with the best smell.
You may not be gluten free, but I’ve shared these with lots of people that aren’t and they’re still huge fans. I wouldn’t say that they’re totally healthy, though – there’s still sugar and that amazing cream cheese icing, but the pumpkin is good for you. 🙂
The main element to this recipe is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust, which makes it a little easier than straight up homemade cinnamon rolls. Here’s the printable recipe to add to your fall must-make recipes!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust (this has a yeast packet in it that you'll use)
- 1 can pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Gluten Free Flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature*
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Add 1 tbsp. of the sugar to the warm water. Add in the yeast packet and let stand for 5 min.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
- Add in the can of pumpkin.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice to the Bob's Red Mill Mix and mix with the wet ingredients.
- Heavily dust a 19 inch piece of wax/parchment paper with the gluten free flour.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter (from filling recipe).
- Pour the cinnamon roll batter on the floured surface.
- Use a small roller, dipped in the melted butter, to smooth out the dough.
- Make sure the dough is evenly rolled out across the wax/parchment paper.
- Sprinkle any remaining butter on the dough.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and walnuts in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle across the buttered dough.
- Beginning at one of the long sides of the dough, roll up, using the wax/parchment paper.
- Roll it all the way to the other side in a spiral.
- Cut in 1 inch slices so that they look like pinwheels.
- Lay them in a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 25 minutes (if you have a glass pan, you may need a few extra minutes).
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Ice warm rolls and serve!
- * At some stores, you can find dairy free cream cheese, if you want to make this a dairy free recipe.
Now, all that’s left to do is brew up a nice pot of hot coffee. I’m telling you this recipe may be a Fall staple for you from now on.
Here’s a little tip – Make the cinnamon rolls up the night before and leave them to rise overnight. In the morning, they’re ready to pop in the oven. I don’t know about you, but I prefer nice and easy in the morning.
Hope you enjoy these little bites of heaven. 🙂 Party on!